8.14.2010

CRITERION #3



I'm very proud to announce my third DVD cover & package for The Criterion Collection: Charlie Chaplin's MODERN TIMES. Waking up to an email with this assignment began one of the most intimidating and humbling projects I've ever attempted, as this movie-- the last of Chaplin's films as the iconic Little Tramp character-- has long been considered no less than one of the greatest of its time-- maybe ever-- and I really wanted to do it justice. The cover will grace the DVD and Blu-ray release of MODERN TIMES on November 16th. I'm definitely planning on writing up another process post, so stay tuned for that, and I also hope to share some of the art for the menus and the rest of the package. In the meantime, you can look forward to this excellent release, which features loads of supplements and a sure-to-be stunning new transfer. Also announced today, continuing one of the best streaks of announcements I've seen from Criterion: Charles Laughton's NIGHT OF THE HUNTER, Lars Von Trier's ANTICHRIST, and a new Blu-ray boxed set that includes EASY RIDER, THE LAST PICTURE SHOW, HEAD, FIVE EASY PIECES, THE KING OF MARVIN GARDENS and more. I'm so happy to be involved in this project and to be working again with Criterion. Check back soon for more!

No comments: