4.27.2013

SCORSESE


I made this set of nine Italian mini-prints for Scorsese: An Art Show Tribute, curated by Spoke Art for Bold Hype Gallery in NYC. I was able to be at the opening last weekend at it was a great time and a big success. The prints are now available for sale online in the Spoke Art shop here. They are available individually for $10 each or as a set of nine prints for only $60.

The prints are 5x7" each and I imagined them almost like a series of book covers: small, iconic and connected through a repeated motif. I was interested in how Scorsese's films are often about men and the transformations that these man undergo by way of exposure to a new world or way of life. I thought that using Italian titles would look neat graphically and would also serve as an homage to Scorsese's Italian heritage. Just something a little different!

Congrats and kudos to all the other artists and to Ken at Spoke Art for making this happen.

No comments: