4.11.2011

INGE K. CIMIC



Forgotten pumpkins

While traveling in Croatia, I discovered the work of Inge K. Cimic in a Dubrovnik gallery, and brought home these postcards. I know nothing about the artist or where she is from, and I haven't been able to find much of anything about her online. If anyone knows any more information about her or her art, please leave a comment. I love the charming fancifulness of the trees, villages and landscapes and the mystery these images contain, like illustrations from some lost fairy tales.



A big surprise




Winter morning




Winter motif

8 comments:

Helena said...

Hi Sam

Think you might like the lovely dreamlike work of Viera Bombová (1932-2005). Here's a link to some samples: http://riowang.blogspot.com/2011/04/manitous-gift.html

best, Helena

Sam's Myth said...

Very cool Helena, thanks!

Helena said...

No problem, Sam. Love your blog - it makes me want to paint and draw again.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these images, Sam.....this is what I long for in a movie!....but blue.....

Anonymous said...

Ingeborg K.Cimic born august 1948 in Veliki Grdevac near Bjelovar. She is housewife and lives and works in Dubrovnik.

Individual and collective exhibitions in Basel, London, Paris...

Link: www.stradun.hr
Art/Naive art/

Anonymous said...

In 1986 we went to Dubrovnik, and bought a couple of posters by her, (one signed by her) been trying on and off to find out more.
We were in Zadar in Sept 2012, and found reference to her work in a gallery in Zagreb.

Not sure how to add jpegs to this?

regards alan b

Anonymous said...

I have print of her work, I think it is called trinity tree, I would love to find out more about her work

Anonymous said...

I was in Dubrovnik this summer and probably have been in the same art galary. Liked her work and bought some postcards too!