3.02.2011

CHILDREN'S BOOKSHELF: Tour Finds



As I hop around Europe (currently writing from Berlin), here are some great childrens book covers I found in various bookshops across the midwest on this past tour. This illustration on the cover of an edition of Grimm's Fairy Tales is one of my favorites I've seen in a while, and I was able to go back to a bookshop in Milwaukee where I saw this over a year ago and get a pic. Some of these are fun and cute, like Seymour Chwast's Alphabet Parade book, and some are quite mysterious, especially the childrens novel "The Min-Min" and the "let's travel by papercraft" book of architectural cut-outs (found at the amazing Zakka Japanese bookstore in Brooklyn). I'll be posting some more covers and pages from some other books I've found in the near future, and hopefully I'll have some finds from Europe as well.



















No comments: