9.17.2012

QATSI ON CRITERION



Here are my designs for The Criterion's Collection upcoming release of Godfrey Reggio's QATSI TRILOGY, out on Blu-ray and DVD December 11th. Beginning with 1983's well-known KOYAANISQATSI, Reggio's films-- all scored by Philip Glass-- are a portrait of humanity and our relationships with Earth and technology. They are truly films of and for our time. I could go on and on about how much these movies mean to me, but I'll save it for another post where I might share some of the process behind these designs. Below are larger versions of each cover, and the cover of the boxed set.










4 comments:

LVJeff said...

I wanted to leave you a compliment. The cover art for these are better than I could have ever imagined. The color scheming is perfect. I do hope you write a post about your process for creating these.

Schofizzy said...

These are dope! Job well done, sir.

Schofizzy said...

These are dope! Job well done, sir.

tonyyoungblood said...

Sam, these are amazing! Do you have any plans to make them posters as well?